Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 2 (1/6/10)

I spend a lot of time at my desk. It's where I have my computer, printer, video editing system, iPod speakers, and all manner of other things. It's also where I work on the majority of my projects. Because of this, my desk gets a lot of wear-and-tear. My desk is one of those cheaply put together wood with laminate covers, and over the years the abuse has caused the edges to come off. I'm continuously gluing and taping the edges back on.

I've tried numerous glues over the years, and today I tried one I've never worked with before: Gorilla Glue. I've seen it used over the years and I know it has a nice strong grip so I put it to use. One of the things I found most intriging about using it was the necessity of misting it with water. I'm not quite sure how it works, but what a cool chemical process that uses water as the activating property, and then expands to 3 times it's original size.


No comments: