I love to read.Anyone who knows me, knows that this is a fundamental part of my make-up. I love and thoroughly enjoy reading. As such, I got a Kindle for Christmas, a device I have been truly enjoying for the last month. But today, I finally caught on to Amazon.com's scheme.
See, they have a section of free books, they rotate part of limited time deals. I've quite enjoyed uploading some of them and reading them, okay, when I say some I mean like 50... Anyway, it finally dawned on me today why they provide these free. It's to get you hooked on the author. I enjoyed the book about a woman living in the 1800's who was blinded in a wagon accident, it was redundant and predictable, but for a light afternoon read it fit the bill ('cause it was free). I decided I'd see what else the author had written, but all of her other books were between 5 and 10 dollars. See what I mean? I figured it all out. Those silly, trixie people!
'Cest le vie. I did find some of the books in our local library system, so I requested them in to read old-school.



No comments:
Post a Comment