Saturday, January 3, 2009

Utes whip up a Sweet, Sweet Victory!!!

I watched with great trepidation as my boys took the field last night—my stomach acid churning, and my fingernails in great danger of being chewed off. While I knew my team had the talent and the gumption to hang with any team in the country, I was still afraid that the pre-game taunting of the media disbelievers would get to them.

It’s happened before. Just ask Penn State about their game versus USC on Thursday.

But in the first defensive stand, my boys got it done. Then the offense takes the field, and they take care of business. Suddenly, it’s the end of the first quarter and we’re up 21-0. I have to admit, I was shocked, and a little afraid of the 45 minutes of remaining game time. I feared our team would let their foot off the gas, and let ‘bama come back and pass them up.

I shouldn’t have feared. Let this be a lesson to me about believing.

Admittedly, I didn’t let myself stop worrying until 2 minutes of game time remained, when the Utes intercepted the ball and only had to kneel it out. But I survived, nails in tact, ulcer avoided, heart-attack postponed.

GO UTES!!

On a final note, thank you to all my friends (and family) who have congratulated me on a Ute victory. (Even though I really had nothing to do with it, unless you count all the positive vibes I was trying to send through the cable channel to the Superdome.) It really is nice to know how many people apparently had me on their minds yesterday. I had two separate people tell me that they watched their first football games yesterday in my honor. Hey, I’ll make believers out of you all, yet!
Love to you all!