Friday, August 1, 2008

M..M..M..My Tomato

This is my tomato. Why won’t he turn red? I’ve been watching him for 3 weeks now. He hasn’t gotten any bigger, but he hasn’t gotten any redder either. He seems to be content, watching the world from his little green perch. Perhaps he knows his fate. I will make him into my first tomato sandwich of the year. There really is nothing like a fresh grown tomato, still warm from the summer sun, placed on a slice of fresh bread, with a little mayonnaise, and a dash of salt and pepper. Oh, my little tomato….TURN RED ALREADY!!!

2 comments:

Jay and Camille said...

lol, now you have me craving a tomato sandwich! GRR

Marci said...

It was good to see you and your wonderful family! I enjoy being able to read your blog, you have such a great sense of humor!
Love, Marci