Monday, December 15, 2008

Gotta Love my Utes!!

A local sports radio station has two personalities that make a bet on the outcome of the Utah-BYU game. The loser this year, was to dress as a cheerleader and read a poem of love to the winning team. Here is a link to the outcome of this years bet: (a transcript of the poem follows)



http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1507785325?bclid=1704093378&bctid=4147187001



Dear Mr. coach Kyle Whittingham,
I must say you are one attractive man

I couldn’t wait for my moment here
To read this poem and sing you this cheer

I wish, oh, I wish that I’d been a ute
As for forever in the future a ute I will route

And I know with defensive linemen like Kruger, Misi and Newman I’d never get to start
But, hey, at least I’d never have to claim that the Team Down South is my counterpart

A quest for perfection is what we were fed from the beginning
Thanks to you Utes we’ll soon be forgetting

Total domination and a far superior program
Do you think there’s a spot on the coaching staff for me Mr. Whittingham.

I could clean the toilets, I could wash the socks,
But you’d have to put in surveillance because I meander through players jocks.

I could vacuum the floors, and get your food and drink
Oh, please, coach Whittingham, what do you think?

The University of Utah is the best ever
A BCS bowl berth our team down south has never

An 84 championship with a huge asterisk beside
No asterisk here for the Utes on their second ride

Utah’s athletes are better, year in and year out
The Ute coaches too, without a doubt

Once again the team down south got out-done
Hey, Max Hall, I heard Kruger’s still open

Putting our pathetic program down south in tears
A BCS bowl berth with likely never be,
the future of our program trickles to see,
So I come here today to beg and plead
And I express that forever red I will bleed,
As I admire and envy all of you,
I want to be on your side as we watch the team down south program fall
Read my mouth, I truly hate the team down south

What kind of name is Jan?

Twelve and Oh, is what you are
One of the best in the country by far

Enjoy this dominance, enjoy the feel,
Six turnovers by Hall, ha-ha, you defeated his will.

I wish you all the best as you go to the BCS
And fulfill what the team down south couldn’t, that being the quest

Represent our state, represent our conference with pride
And demolish those SEC pansies of the Crimson Tide

From your newest and dearest fanatic fan
I have a man-crush on all of you, sincerely Hans.

No comments: