Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere

My niece loves to play with bubbles. Ever since she was six months old she loved to pop them. But when we got new carpet, she was no longer allowed to blow bubbles at Grandma’s house. We really didn’t want the bubble goo all over the new off-white carpet. Primarily because it would attract and hold on to dirt. Go figure, why would soap hold onto the dirt. But then I guess that is its job, it holds on to the dirt and then you wash them off together.

But I digress. We decided to do Ultimate Bubbles outside. I mixed up a little kid’s swimming pool with homemade bubble solution and we had a blast. I put a chair in the swimming pool and my niece would stand on it, then I used a hula-hoop to pull a bubble all around her. She thought that was great. In addition we had tons of bubble wands and blowers. She was a little confused as to why she couldn’t pop the bubbles after she had been dipping her hands in the bubble pool. But, she’s only two years old, the principles of physics and bubble popping would have been a bit too advanced for her, so I didn’t explain.

So if you are ever sitting around with a kiddie pool, a hula hoop and the makings for bubble juice (I know that I’m always in that situation), I highly recommend this activity.

No comments: